Application for membership
Application for membership is invited from anyone with an interest in screen translation, be it an academic or professional. Membership is also open to persons residing outside Europe.
What are the benefits of membership?
ESIST membership offers the opportunity to make your views heard and to participate in the development of ESIST. Members also:
- Receive periodical email shots.
- Have a cheaper attendance fee at the Languages and the Media Conference and other events supported by ESIST.
- Have access to information, expertise and assistance in the field of screen translation with particular regard to training and professional standards.
What’s the cost?
The membership fee is €50 per two calendar years, January-December.
How to apply for membership?
Complete the ESIST membership application form below, this will be sent directly to the treasurer and the webmaster of the association, who will add your details to our distribution list. If that does not work, please proceed to payment (see “How to pay the membership fee” below) and send us your details in a separate e-mail afterwards, using treasurer’s or presidents’s e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you are not a full member and won’t receive email shots from ESIST until you have paid your membership fee.
Once you’ve formally become a member of ESIST, you will receive some of the latest mails we have shared with other members. Your details will be added to our distribution list and you will hear from us from time to time, with information that we hope will be of interest to you.
How to pay the membership fee?
To pay for the membership fee, the procedure is as follows:
- Go to the following Internet address: http://paypal.com/
- Sign up (or log in if you already have an account with Pay Pal).
- Click on send money.
- It will ask you for an address. This is the e-mail address where you have to send the €50 fee for the two-year membership: email@example.com
- Type your credit card number and the card verification number.
- Click on the “send money” button.
The treasurer will then receive a confirmation message saying that you have sent the money to us. Upon receiving this mail, the treasurer and the webmaster will immediately add your name and details to ESIST records.
If you have any problems with these instructions, just get in touch with the treasurer, Kristijan Nikolić firstname.lastname@example.org.