ESIST is committed to supporting its members in participating in all types of AVT events. We have teamed up with the biannual Languages and the Media and Media for All conferences to offer our members the opportunity to engage not only with other ESIST members but with the audiovisual translation and media accessibility community at large.
For each of these conferences, we have secured a fee waiver from the conference organisers*, and ESIST will offer a €300-travel grant to cover for travel/accommodation/subsistence expenses.
A call will be circulated for each Conference Grant among ESIST members, depending on the relevant conference dates. The email will include information about deadlines, requirements and procedures.
- Candidates must be a paid-up ESIST member for the year the conference is taking place.
- Candidates must have an abstract accepted by the conference organiser. Candidates must independently submit their conference abstract for a Presentation or Poster Presentation to the relevant conference.
- Candidates need to submit the online application form.
- Early career researchers and/or professionals will be given priority.
- Languages and the Media 2020. Apply for the conference grant here.
- Media for all 2021. Details to be announced.
*Fee waivers are discussed on a conference by conference basis and depend on the organizer’s arrangements. The board will confirm with each conference organising team before announcing the grant